A clean mattress is equivalent to good night sleep. The mattress is the only place where you feel the most relaxed after a tiring day. The mattress is one of the most used things in our homes. If not cleaned regularly, there are chances of stains, dust mites and different type of allergens occupying our mattresses. But let’s admit it cleaning a mattress regularly is time-consuming and very tiring. For working individuals, it is practically not possible to do the cleaning daily. But there is a solution for how to clean a mattress.
Gone are the days of using the traditional vacuum cleaners for cleaning. Now a smaller and a portable version is available known as handheld vacuum cleaners. These handheld vacuum cleaners are your best bet for mattress cleaning, cleaning household items and it also does not take much time.
First, let me list down the benefits of handheld vacuum cleaners:
- Easy to use as per Convenience – The vacuum is lightweight and very easy to use. Even the kids in the house can operate this equipment with utmost ease and even without going through the manuals.
- Mobile – The handheld vacuums can be carried easily from one place to another, unlike the traditional vacuum cleaners. As they can be carried easily, they can access each corner of the house and helps to keep every place dust-free and clean.
- Saves Electricity – The vacuum might be a tiny gadget to start with, but it has numerous new and amazing features. One of the most important being that it is energy efficient. Most handheld vacuum cleaners automatically cut down the power when it is fully charged, therefore saving and conserving electricity. After a full charge, the cleaner can be used to clean minute and small places of the house with perfection.
- Budget-friendly and Hassle-free – Despite having so many technological driven features, dustbusters are not that costly and are very economical if we compare the benefits and the price of the product. And the best part is that the dustbusters are cordless, so no problems regarding tangling of cords and can be used for every corner of the house without worrying about the length of the cord.
- Less Noise – As compared to the vacuum cleaner, the handheld vacuum produces a lot less noise during the cleaning process.
- Size – One of the best features of the handheld vacuum cleaners is its size. It can easily fit in your hand and helps in cleaning light, sawdust-type messes with no effort.
Steps to be followed on how to clean a mattress with a handheld vacuum cleaner:
- First, you need to check the manufacturing label on the mattress for the maximum temperature that can be used for cleaning. Generally, high temperature helps killing dust mites and it is the best way to clean a mattress.
- Remove the bedsheets and all the bedding.
- For proper cleaning, you must start from the top of the mattress and work the vacuum downwards. This should be done in a constant overlapping fashion to kill the dust mites.
- To remove bodily smells, you need to apply baking soda and scrub it all over the mattress. This will help to remove the odors.
- After completing step 4, you need to vacuum the whole mattress on both sides. Doing this the 2nd time helps in removing the moisture which is the main cause of odor. This is the process of how to deep clean a mattress.
- To keep the mattress in a good condition, you need to repeat the above-mentioned steps every 2 months.
The handheld vacuum cleaners are apt in cleaning small messes around the house. These devices look small but can be used for fast and quick cleanups like cleaning up pet hairs or any spillage on the dining table or any other mess. There are areas which cannot be properly cleaned because those areas are hard to reach like the corners and places beneath the cupboards or beds can be easily dusted free with the use of these cleaners. The most beneficial use is cleaning the stairs because carrying a full vacuum cleaner up and down the stairs takes a lot of effort and time, but the same situation can be made much easier if we use the handheld vacuum cleaners. There are also many attachments which come with the purchase of dustbusters such as carpet brushes, dust cleaning attachments and many more which makes cleaning fun.
But to keep these handheld vacuum cleaners in good workable condition for a long period of time there are some things that need to be taken care of: to change the battery at regular intervals and not over drain the batteries. It needs to be understood that the cleaner will only work if the battery is charged correctly using the charging instructions given in the manual.
To select the vacuum appropriate as per your requirement is also a challenge like selecting between a single dry vacuum and a wet/dry vacuum. Most of the vacuums which are cordless does not use a bag for taking out the trash. You have to clean it manually because until you empty the container there won’t be any room to store more trash. It means that you do not need to buy bags any longer. But you must change the filters regularly as the filters help in removing the allergens and filter the air. Also, the run time of this type of cleaner ranges between 15-30 minutes after a full charge.
Therefore, it is not completely possible to replace the traditional vacuum cleaner with its mini-version as the latter one is used for precision cleaning. But it can be said the advantages of a handheld vacuum cleaner far outweigh its disadvantages. If you want to clean a mattress you should use the handheld vacuum cleaners as you can deeply clean it and there are fewer chances of pest infestations (not to mention the costs involved to treat it). It helps in providing a pleasant and relaxing sleep and helps the mattress last longer.