Of course, juicing is the process of extracting juices from fruits and veggies, however, the resultant liquid is the main concern. Hence, when looking for juicers that can make healthy and quality drinks, the masticating juicers are the ones to consider, although the centrifugal juicers are faster. However, due to the diversity of juicer brands and specifications, getting the right juicer can be pretty tough. Using a below-par juicer can result in a terrible juice or even wastage. Thus, the importance of good juicers cannot be neglected. To solve the complexity of getting the best masticating juicer of your choice, this article contains reviews of various top masticating juicers in the market.
Masticating Juicers Reviews
Omega J8006HDS – Best Masticating Juicer (Our pick)
This juicer is probably the best Omega juicer available. This Omega masticating juicer performs an incredible juicing, making your juice taste like the crème de la crème. It can extract a very significant quantity of juice from your fruits, veggies and even wheatgrass. Posing also as the best slow masticating juicer on this list, the juicer makes juicing easy whilst also making healthy and long-lasting juices. It has a powerful build and sturdy parts to handle the toughest of ingredients, including nuts, coffee beans, and frozen foods, even if you juice daily. This attribute, alongside its powerful 200-watt motor, qualifies it as a versatile appliance and a great addition to one’s kitchen or a valuable gift to a friend. Surprisingly, the gadget comes with a 25-year warranty. Read more of the Omega juicer review below.
Just like most masticating juicers, they employ the use of moving parts to generate pressure and force. The auger, which looks identical to a big screw, is driven by the motor. The rotary motion of the auger crushes and grinds the ingredients. Furthermore, the auger helps to direct the crushed ingredients to where the pulp will be broken down and squeezed for juice. Since much pressure and force is needed, the product’s manufacturer built the auger to be strong, making it capable of handling tough ingredients and daily use.
Double-stage juice processing
Most modern masticating juicer utilizes this processing method. It is quite efficient in producing quality juices. The first stage requires grinding the ingredients, which is done by the auger. In the second stage, the ground or crushed ingredients are passed into a strainer or juicing screen.
What we like:
- The juicer is versatile, capable of handling almost all types of fruits, veggies, and tough ingredients.
- The slow speed of the juicer eliminates the possibility of overheating.
- Thanks to the slow speed, the juicer can make juices which can last several hours since there is little or no occurrence of oxidation.
- While the device doesn’t have much speed, its crushing power is made possible with the presence of a sturdy auger.
- It is made of durable materials that can withstand pressure from daily usage. In case of any faults, the device comes with a 15-year warranty.
What we didn’t like:
- It comes with a small feed channel, hence, it is important to chop the ingredients to allow easy entry.
- It makes a significant amount of noise, although, not as much as the centrifugal juicers.
- One might need to force the ingredients into the feed channel to juice them.
The lightweight Aicok masticating juicer deserves to be on this list. Though consuming a mere 150 watts and running at 80 RPM, the juicer is capable of squeezing about 90% juice from your celeries and oranges. The Aicok juicer employs a spiral system to achieve its juicing function whilst retaining its advantage over centrifugal juicer – minimal oxidation. Above all, the operates quietly at less annoying noise levels. Thanks to the inspiring design, the juicer can be assembled and disassembled in a few minutes to facilitate cleaning. It also comes with the reverse function to help remove clogs and jams. It comes with a motor protection feature. Read more reviews of the Aicok masticating juicer.
Motor Protection Feature
Quite impressive to see that the most important part, the motor, of the juicer is well protected. The manufacturer equips the machine with a motor protection feature. The juicer is powered by a DC motor. The feature protects the motor by starting the motor after three seconds of pressing the start button. In a nutshell, the motor doesn’t come on immediately it is powered on. So don’t be surprised if your juicer doesn’t respond instantly.
Spiral Juicing System
This feature, the spiral juicing system, is a significant upgrade when compared to older Aicok masticating juicers. The upgraded spiral juicing system is comprised of seven sections. Whilst the spiral system runs at an RPM of 80, it cuts, breaks squeezes, mills, separates, grinds and extracts significant amounts of juice from your fruits and veggies with no heat generated, which might lead to oxidation.
What we like:
- The juicer can be easily assembled or disassembled. It is also easy to operate and clean.
- Due to the low operating speed, the absence of overheating during the juicing process helps to remove possible oxidation of the resulting juice. This helps to prolong the life of the juice.
- The juicer comes with a reverse function which is advantageous when cleaning and in the removal of clogs.
- The motor protection feature helps to prolong the useful life of the juicer’s motor.
- The appliance operates with less noise, generating less 60 decibels.
What we didn’t like:
- One might need to slice the ingredients into smaller pieces since the chute feed is small.
- Due to the spiral system, the juicer cannot handle ice and frozen foods.
- You cannot use the juicer for more than 20 minutes in one session according to the manufacturer.
Looking for a stylish and nice addition to your kitchen? You might consider the Aobosi masticating juicer. Not only appealing to the eyes, but the juicer can also handle both hard fruits (apples) and soft ones(oranges) without the exception of your fibrous vegetables, all with ease. The machine is easy to operate. It won’t take much space in your kitchen. Your family would definitely love the juicer as it runs pretty quietly. Furthermore, the juicer is made with materials that are free from Bisphenol-A (BPA). As regards maintenance, cleaning is very easy as it is quite easy to assemble and disassemble in no time. The parts are durable and can also be washed in a dishwasher. With the assurance of getting high quality and nutritious drinks from the Aobosi masticating juicer, check our review of the juicer below.
Modern masticating juicers now come with the reverse function and the Aobosi masticating juicer is not an exception. Due to the complex nature of masticating juicers, most people experience difficulties assembling their juicers. This alone is a source of headache, especially whenever the juicer is jammed or clogged. In this situation, the reverse function comes to help. When enabled, the motor rotates in the opposite direction subsequently unclogging the juicing mechanism.
Stylish red and black design
Asides the impressive functionality of the Aobosi masticating juicer, the juicer stands out in the aspect of aesthetics. The juicer, which is predominantly black in color, comes with some red finishes at the extremes and the brand name, in a nice font, perfectly blends with the aesthetics. The chute appears glossy. Having this beauty gadget in your kitchen would definitely be a nice acquisition as it also showcases a remarkable juicing power.
What we like:
- It has an impeccable design that will definitely add to the beauty of your kitchen.
- You shouldn’t worry about waking family members since the machine runs quietly at a noise level below 60 decibels.
- Not only does it handle fruits, but it can also squeeze out juices from fibrous vegetables efficiently.
- It comes with a reverse function which allows easy removal of clogs.
- Assembling, disassembling, cleaning and operating this device is very easy. It also comes with a cleaning brush.
What we didn’t like:
- The chute feeds seem small, therefore, one needs to slice the ingredients into small pieces.
- For large tasks, one might need to clean the machine from time to time.
- The juicer is heavier than its counterparts on this list.
Here is another outstanding masticating juicer – the Breville juicer. The striking design of the juicer cannot be overlooked. Whilst looking for appearing stylish, the juicer offers more. The juicer happens to be the best Breville juicer available. Quite different from other juicers on the list as it runs at about 13,000 RPM. Strange, isn’t it? Well, with the presence of the cold spin feature, your nutrients and enzymes are safe and you should expect a wholesome juice at the end. The 13,000 RPM seems quite much, however, the juicer comes with a speed regulator to provide more versatility and control over its 1200-watt motor. It comes with a large juicing jug of about 70 oz. Another merit of this product is its wide feed chute, allowing easy input of ingredients. Read more of the Breville juicer review below.
Cold Spin System
The cold spin system is an innovation peculiar to Breville juicers. Since the juicer runs at a very high speed, there is a possibility for heat building up in the juicer, resulting in the oxidation of the nutrients. The cold spin comes to rescue by ensuring that the juice doesn’t come in contact with the juicing chamber (which may be getting heated up). The juice, rather, flows towards the sprout.
Variable speed function
This feature appears unique to this juicer on our list. The Breville juicer, allowing you to prepare nutritious drinks in no time, comes with a three-speed regulator. This facilitates more control over the motor, precisely the juicing process.
Wide Feed Chute
Also unique to this juicer is its wide feed chute. The juicer is equipped with a feed chute which is 3.5 inches wide, an attribute you won’t find in other juicers in this list. With a feed chute as wide as this, putting ingredients into the juicer is very easy.
What we like:
- Asides having a powerful 1200-watt motor, the juicer comes with a variable 3-speed setting to regulate the speed of the motor.
- The Breville juicer comes with two significant technologies – the cold spin and the noise reduction. The former helps to filter the juice and reduce heat transfer, and the latter helps to reduce the noise generated.
- With a wide 3.5-inch feed chute, one can put more quantities of ingredients into the juicer faster.
- The device features a safety lock to prevent hazards.
- The juicing jug, of about 70 oz, is pretty large enough. Furthermore, the jug, alongside other parts, is BPA-free and safe to use in a dishwasher.
What we didn’t like:
- The Breville juicer is not ideal for those with low budgets.
The Mueller product is a slow masticating juicer, even very slow that it runs at 60 RPM. Coming with an entirely different design – a horizontal setup, it achieves its juicing function quietly. The device is made of durable, lightweight and BPA-free materials which can handle the rigors and pressure of daily juicing. It comes with a fair enough chute which is 3 inches wide, allowing you to put in your ingredients conveniently. One should expect a highly nutritious drink since there is almost no heat generated. Read more of the Mueller juicer below.
Having a safe appliance to use gives one rest of mind. It features a safety system which ensures that your juicer is well installed before it can work. This helps to eliminate the possible occurrence of accidents.
The vertical masticating juicers are the latest vogue in town. They are more like a combo of masticating and centrifugal juicers. If you’re worried about space, this product is good for you. Furthermore, you do not have to push down your ingredients while juicing since gravity is there to help.
What we like:
- The juicer runs quietly, even as quiet as 60 decibels, and at a slow speed of 60 RPM.
- Since the device runs at 60 RPM, the tissues of the fruits and vegetables are not subjected to overheating, resulting in a highly nutritious, and long-lasting juices with their flavor retained.
- The Mueller juicer is lightweight and stylish in design.
- On the part of safety, the juicer features an automated safety switch which will only come on if the juicer is correctly assembled.
- Made of durable parts to handle daily juicing.
What we didn’t like:
- The juicer is quite difficult to assemble and disassemble, hence, cleaning is tasking.
- It cannot handle ice and frozen foods.
- The motor bogs down when handling tough ingredients.
Juicing is become a popular type of nutrition, however, if done appropriately. Of course, there are several ways of making juices but the modern method requires the use of juicers, mostly electrically-powered. As expected, technology has simplified the entire juicing process, making it is healthier and less time-consuming. Truly, various types of juicers have infiltrated the market, manufactured by different brands and carrying different specifications and capacity. It is worthy of note that, the juicers are classified into different types. Among the classification, the centrifugal juicers and the masticating juicers are the two popular types.
Obviously, one will be quick to notice that the spotlight of this article is on the masticating juicers. While the centrifugal juicers are relatively faster than the masticating juicers. Conversely, masticating juicers are very accurate and produce healthier drinks. They are also less noisy in action, safer to use and generally have more capacities. The masticating juicers are more durable, powerful and versatile as some can handle meat, frozen foods, nuts, and other tough ingredients. They can even squeeze out juices out of fruits and veggies with a small amount of moisture content.
DON’T MISS: Best Ninja Blender 2019
Indeed, juicing appliances sell fast in the market. Unsurprisingly, one should expect the presence of many brands and specifications in the market. Consequently, the end user falls into a dilemma of having to choose the best masticating juicer for their needs. Hence, the need for a buying guide to help purchasers makes the right choice of selecting the best masticating juicer. Asides the “first sight impression” and price, there are other things to consider when purchasing a masticating juicer, however, we also recommend going through some masticating juicer reviews as contained in this article to help. Below are things to consider in a bid to select the best masticating juicer.
Single gear or double gear
The masticating juicers with a single gear are generally less expensive, having a simple working mechanism. They are handy and quite ideal for small fruits and vegetables or a small amount of juice. The downside of the single gear juicers is their durability is pretty low compared to their double gear counterparts.
For more capacity and juicing power, the double-gear masticating juicer was birthed. It provides better-juicing efficiency. They have two gears working and grinding concurrently and against themselves. Masticating juicers can crush larger amounts of fruits and veggies, tough nuts, fibrous ingredients and other things dropped into them. They are more durable and run at slower speeds but this is compensated by their ability to produce healthier drinks.
Power and Speed
When considering speed, it is important to note that a slower juicer translates to more crushing power and better juicing results. What it lacks in terms of speed, it compensates for an efficient juicing, handling juicy vegetables and tough nuts. Generally, the speed of masticating juicers won’t exceed 100 RPM. Some newer models of masticating juicers have features which allow its operator to select their desired speed level.
Ease of maintenance
In contrast to the centrifugal juicers, the masticating juicers are more complex and its parts are, somehow, interconnected to each other. Assembling and disassembling the masticating juicers are difficult and tasking, especially when you intend cleaning the machine. Some masticating juicers now come with the reverse motion function. When the feature is activated, the motor moves in a reserve motion and the gears decongested, releasing remnants from the juicer.
Shape and size
Of course, there are various designs, shapes, structures, and sizes of masticating juicers in the market. There are sizes for commercial or large functions as well as sizes for just home use. There are also portable ones available in the market. This aspect is very important when making your decision. Unlike the large versions, smaller versions can be stored in cabinets and cupboards easily.
There are two types of juicer – the masticating and centrifugal juicers. While the centrifugal juicers are faster, the masticating are more suitable for families. Of course, budget plays an important role in decision-making, however, it is very much ideal to go for the best masticating juicers. This article, a compilation of reviews of the best masticating juicers, has done justice all in a bid to help you make the right decision. Judging by our review compilations, the Omega juicer happens to be the best. It comes with a powerful auger and a heavy duty motor to perform juicing with ease.